Steel is one of the most popular materials and it has several applications. Some of the popular steel products available at a store include RHS, SHS, angle, flat bar, pipe, round bars and many more. There are many applications of steel products and steel items. At times, steel is also used from structural beams and PFC. This type of steel products are available in varying levels of thickness and length hence can be useful for many different applications. Some of the other popular steel products include galvanised gates, galvanised mesh, etc. This article goes on to list the benefits of opting for steel products and a brief list of popular steel products. It is a must-read for those searching for steel merchants in Brisbane.
Advantages of Opting for Steel Products
There are many benefits of opting for steel products some of which are listed here:
- Structural steel is highly beneficial for construction productivity.
- It will keep the cost of your project low.
- Steel has a high aesthetic appeal making it useful for a large number of applications.
- It has high strength making it very valuable for a wide range of applications.
- It is highly sustainable and has a high recycling rate; it is also easy to modify.
- Steel is a durable and high-quality material that also offers design flexibility.
- This is one of the most cost-effective materials and is also more energy-efficient since it has a low emission rate.
- It is a good alternative to many other types of materials including wood. For example, it is highly beneficial to use galvanised mesh from steel rather than wood. Unlike wood which requires a lot of effort and use of chemicals to get it ready for use, the process of using steel products is simpler.
- A galvanised mesh is useful for various applications like in the backyard, in a farm, etc. There are many benefits of opting for a steel galvanised mesh since it is available in a variety of shapes and sizes. It is also highly versatile and will usually consist of a zinc coating to protect it from rusting. The fact that steel is strong makes it useful for use in household applications as well as industrial applications. It is also highly durable.
- The fact that wood can be used only once and once the structure or product is demolished it will most likely be incinerated or end up as a landfill. On the other hand, steel is recyclable.
- It is lightweight and also environmentally friendly.
Important Facts & Statistics
- World crude steel production in 2019 was 1.87 billion metric tons
- Global stainless steel production was 52.2k Metric tons
- It is expected that the global steel output by 2021 will be 1.9 billion metric tons
Popular Steel Products
There is a wide range of steel product suppliers like The Bunker supplying many different steel products as listed here:
- Galvanised gates: There are many applications for steel galvanised gates. It can be used as an estate gate or for the driveway in the garden, a side gate as well as self-closing security gates. They offer a high level of security
- Galvanised mesh: Galvanised Mesh is a highly versatile material that can be used for a wide range of applications. It is useful for fencing, machine guards, stairways, cages, outdoor fencing, rural fencing, safety guards, wall retention, etc.
- Steel pickets: Steel pickets are very strong and secure. They are also highly durable and long-lasting. Steel is more aesthetically appealing as compared to aluminium but also tends to be heavier. On the other hand, it requires a lot less maintenance and is highly versatile.